It's January 2nd, 2016. How?! How is that possible. 2016!!!! Craziness!
But, regardless if we're ready, or can believe, or not .... it totally is officially 2016, my friends.
It's that time of year when everyone is diving in to their new planners, and writing down goals & resolutions and all the hopes they have for the days ahead. And, that's wonderful, and I'll be doing the same. But first, before I throw myself into daydreams of the future, I want to take a moment and appreciate all that this year has held.
Jasmine Star recommended this, and more than any other goal/resolution post I've seen - this one hit me hard. I mean, it's easy to keep zooming in and out and through the days, isn't it? It's easy to look forward into the next project, or the next trip we want to take. But, we have to take a moment to sit down, and realize that we've conquered so much in the previous 365 days. We've seen, we've learned, we've loved, we've experienced so much. Right? Right!
So here it goes. I'm sitting in a comfy Starbucks chair, with a peppermint mocha frappuccino (regardless of the chilly outside weather), and I'm making a list of things I'm proud of from 2015.
- I completed my first full year of being a mama-of-two. AND I kept everyone alive, and snuggled, and fed. Heck to the yes. ........welllll, ok, fed is kind of a stretch. Dominic is definitely the cook in the household and we all know it (and prefer it)!
- I had a crazy idea and made it come to life! I wanted to throw a get together for New Mexico Wedding Vendors - and with the help of Alena Swanson LLC - it came together!! Alena and I co-hosted the first annual Wedding Vendor Holiday Party, and it.was.awesome!! =D (See more about that HERE).
- I stayed 100% on top of my wedding process, and delivered all online wedding galleries within 2-3 weeks of their wedding date. Boom. (This was huge for me, and took a big weight off my shoulders the entire year. This also made me feel like I could keep up with our life & home a bit better. Double whammy!)
- I met so many wonderful people, in and out of the industry. This required putting on my brave-girl-pants and getting out there in the big world, but I'm happy to report that I have heard so many cool stories, laughed so hard, and connected with so many incredible souls.
- I had the honor of capturing the special moments of others. The laughter, the tears, the in-between moments that are so very special, and for that, I am endlessly thankful.
I am proud of myself, and so very grateful, for so much more -- but these 5 things definitely stick out in my mind, and make me smile when I think of each of them. I'm not going to lie, it's slightly awkward to sit down and tell the internet what you're proud of yourself for. I'm generally not the type of gal who enjoys grabbing everyone attention to pat myself on the back -- but I do believe it's important to recognize what you've done well and be proud of yourself for it! After all, it's pretty wild the things you an do when you put your mind to something, isn't it?
What are proud of in 2015? I'd love to hear!
And for the sake of silliness - a short clip of my little family welcoming 2016, in our comfy clothes and home sweet home: