I've been capturing weddings for some time now, but I'm feeling a bit limited on the variety of images that I can capture, due to my lack of gear. I was wondering if you'd share what gear you use throughout a wedding day?
Creating a Gear-Wish-List Photographer...
- Dear Creating a Gear-Wish-List Photographer,
Thanks so much for getting in touch! I'm absolutely happy to share the gear I use! However, I'm a firm believer that it's not just the gear that's important, but a mixture of the gear, skill, lighting, posing, and more! With that said, gear is important, and having quality gear is invaluable. There is SO much gear out there, and sometimes it can be tough to know where to start! I've listed out the gear that I personally take to a wedding day, but I also want to mention that renting gear is a great option, and gives you a chance to test gear out to make sure you love it before you buy it! If that's something you're interested in, check out BorrowLenses.com - they rock! Alright, I won't ramble any longer -- here is the list of my gear that I pack for wedding day:
- My main camera body is a // Nikon D750 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body
- Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Zoom
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens for Nikon
- Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash (x's 2)
- Paul C. Buff Cyber Commander + CyberSync Remote Receiver CSRB+
There it is. My general gear list :). Lots more comes along with me; back-up bodies, a million memory cards, batteries, tripod, umbrellas, rubber bands, bobby pins, gum, lipgloss, money, pens, water bottles, and so much more.
I hope that helps get you started with your gear-wish-list! And don't forget, renting is available and it may save you trouble and money to test the waters before you dive in! Cheers to a wonderful season + year, full of gorgeous images!!!