Help!! What Should We Wear for Our Engagement Session?!
I'm prepping for my engagement session and I'm so excited. I've gotten my nails done and my ring cleaned, but I have no idea what we should wear! Any suggestions?
Knee-deep in Outfits I've Tried on...
Dear Knee-deep in Outfits,
It’s always a little intimidating to have your picture taken....you want to look great! And you will!! But, here's the thing: the best outfit the two of you could wear, is one's that you feel comfortable in! My first tip: chose an item that you absolutely LOVE ... like swoon over, feel like a rockstar in - type of item! And then, build your outfits around that item. That way, even if you do end up trying on a million and a half outfits before you decide, you'll still be excited because you've got your rockstar item on! ;)
Below are a few more tips that I love, but remember: whatever you pick will be wonderful!
- Don’t try to MATCH...try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. Wearing the same color as your partner leads to photos where you can't tell who is who. ;) Have your own outfit, and rock it!
- Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces and fun shoes are always welcomed!
- Most PATTERNS are great.... however, graphics are not favorable for portraits. If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming or distracting.
- Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
- Make sure you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing!! Painful shoes, or too tight of a belt can make it tricky to soak in each other and enjoy the moment.
Also, while we're on the topic of engagement tips... a couple more to make your fun afternoon flow seamlessly! =)
- Clean the ring! This helps it be extra shiny and gorgeous while we capture your love in the sun! =)
- Be on time! The sun is only out for so long ! The later you arrive, the less time you have to shoot before sunset! Plus, the last thing you want to is to be rushing or fighting on your way, so give yourself extra time to arrive and have fun!
- Empty your pockets! Literally. You don’t want to have key chains or phones showing through your pockets. (This is for the guys especially!)
- Relax! Enjoy this time together and make a date out of it! I always suggest to make a plan to go out after our session. It's a great way to celebrate a fun afternoon, and take a little break from wedding to-dos!
I hope these tips help you brainstorm and choose outfits for your engagement session! Remember, the most important thing is that you are hand-in-hand with the one you love, and that this time is in celebration of the two of you! Try to enjoy every moment, even the outfit choosing! =)
All my love,
If you have any questions during your wedding planning I would love to help! Please don't hesitate to fill out the form below and I will post a reply as soon as possible!